*a criminal act in which a computer is essential to commit the crime
The types of computer crime and the example of each type
- Refer to any type of fraud scheme to present fraudulent solicitations to prospective victims,to conduct fraudulent transactions.
- Trying to trick someone in order to gain advantage
- Unauthorized use of copyrightd material
- Violates the copyright owner;s exclusive rights
- Computer viruses
- Trojan horses
- A piece of code that insert into a host (program) to propogate.It cannot run independently
- Wrongful taking of someone else's property without that person willful consent.
- Act of stealing computer eqipment.
- Steal software media.
- Someone steals personal or confidential information.